Thursday, June 29, 2006

What a day!

Today was a horrible, terrible, no good day! Actually, not all of it...just the latter half. It started out decent. I managed to get all the dishes done, the living room picked up AND vaccuumed (all in the same day), started folded some of the mounds of laundry that is piling up in the laundry area....ANd then....3 o'clock comes. I have to be to work at 4. I am sitting on the loveseat, folding clothes when Makenneh comes running in, hysterical, with her beloved hampster, lifeless in her little hands, crying "momma, brownie, he's dead...." She sets him on the floor at my feet. Sure enough, he has met his maker. So, i get up, feeling completely lost...what do i do? She is 3 yrs old, Ive never had to really deal with this with my own child before. She is heartbroken, especially when she says, "ooooh mommy, he's sleeping," as if hoping that he was just asleep. So, I scurry around looking for something to put him in, knowing that a plastic grocery bag wasn't the answer when dealing with a 3 yr olds precious pet. I recalled a stained up receiving blanket that was in my bedroom, so i went and got that. I wrapped him up and then spotted a little box on top of the entertainment center that had my hubby's dragon knick knack in it. So, i took the dragon thing out and in went Brownie! Mind you, it is now about 10 after 3 and I need to get the kids back to my brothers and be to work at 4. So, anyway, I head to the shed to retrieve the shovel. We pick a spot and i begin to dig. We then ceremoniously bury Brownie. She was torn about the whole thing. She wanted him in his cage, she was sad, it was just horrible. So, i get him covered back up. I told her before we wrapped him all up to say good bye. I wanted her to realize that he would be forever gone. Might I add that during this, I am trying to maintain my own emotions, bc Brownie had really stolen a part of my heart. He was a great hampster. He was friendly, let Makenneh play with him, didn't bite her, was just all around great. Unfortunately, he was also houdini-like and could open his cage door. So, after a 2 day hiatus, the cats got the better of him, im guessing. Anyway, I then let her put one of my garden stepping stones on his little "grave". We then came in. It is now like 335 and I call my cousin....who is watching the kids at my brothers (bc my brother's gf was doing my aunts nails...i know, confusing..anyway). No answer. I call my brother's gf....she is still at work, said my brother was supposed to pick her up at 3 but wasnt there yet. So, i am freakin...i have to get to work and have no sitter! Just as I was rounding the kids up to go to my aunts (hoping they were home, just nto answering hte phone), my cousins knock at the door! Whew! Of course, now it is raining, makenneh is upset that her hampster is buried in the ground and it is now raining on him...and I am looking at being late. So, I get the kids all in the van and drop them off at my brothers (my cousins walked here from my brothers...we live in a trailer park). Are you stressed out yet? LOL. My poor lil guy was so upset. He doesn't like me working. He was clinging to me and didn't want to let me go, crying. This is only making it that much harder to leave. I know have a heartbroken daughter who just lost her first pet and a son who has not adjusted to mom working..doesn't want me leaving. The thought really crossed my mind to just call in. I was already emotionally drained at this point. But, i must go. (do i really have toooo????) So, i get to work, 4 mins late! Things were going ok...but then I get this one customer. He had just gotten custody of his 5 kids and was getting WIC. The poor man had gotten the wrong juice. So, i send a courtesy clerk back to get the right juice. I go to ring the cereal...he has the wrong cereal. So, i send a court. clerk to get the right cereal. HE comes back with the wrong cereal, so i send him once again..telling him to get hte small boxes. He comes back wiht 4 boxes, we need 6! So, finally, i decide i have to chase the stuff myself. I go get the cereal we need. Then, nothing is going right while ringing hte WIC. It is such a process to ring this stuff. The lines are backing up...ppl are getting impatient. I am ready to cry! So, after like 2 voids, i call the super over and tell her that nothing is going right, im frustrated and ready to cry....lol. She says oh don't cry. I asked if she could just ring it up..bc im obviously doing something wrong. (note, i have rang WIC sales numerous times before, and know what im doing). Anyway, finally, after like 20 plus mins, i get this guy out of the store!!!!! Then, I thought I was going home at 10, only to learn at 15 to, that I have to work til 11! Talk about an ass kicker. To top that, I was supposed to have a lunch, which they never gave me. So, i just take a 15 min break. (the bright side..i get paid for a full 7 hours instead of 6.5 bc lunches aren't paid).

I get home...both kids are up, Makenneh is hanging out the door and then Sebastian is trying to climb up my leg. I have my hands full...and my leg..he is crying. So, i pick him up and collapse in the recliner. AAAHHHh!!!! Jeremy informs me that Sebastian has had diarrhea 3xs since Jeremy got home at about 5, Makenneh shit on the floor and he of course, should have been in bed hours ago! LOL. Welcome to parenting 101, baby! So, here I am... It is 1am..Makenneh is still up painting masterpieces, Sebastian is finally down and my back and feet are killing me!

IM thinking there has to be a desk job available somewhere!!!!! But, before I can take a day job, we need a second car or for the guy jeremy is riding with to fix his truck so i can have my car back.

OH, and another good note....i posted on freecycle wanting a hampster cage. The one we have is broken and we were gonna get kenneh a new hampster this weekend. WEll, a lady responded. Not only does she have a cage, but the hampster, food, ball, treats, etc....Her son just got him 4 months ago and has lost interest in him and doesn't want him anymore! So, I am going to hopefully pick him up tomorrow!

Tomorrow was going to be my easy night at work. Iw as scheduled 545 to 10. Tonight, they asked if i could stay til 11 tomorrow night. So, i agreed.

Now that you are feeling stressed out and ready to pull ur own hair out, I guess I will stop. Well, my fingers are getting tired from all the typing. LOL.

Oh wait....one more bitch before I go. The courtesy clerks at work! OMG they are something else. These guys seem to get lost often during the course of a shift. They all just seem to disappear all at once. Im beginning to think they have poker tournaments in the back or something. Then, just before I left, I witnessed some of the problem. One of the clerks told the manager he was running out to his car. Well, as I get in the van to go..i see him in his car...smokin a joint. Yes, you read right....he is on the clock, getting high! UGH! And here us cashiers are..we don't get to just run to our cars whenever....bagging our groceries bc they are off doing God knows what, God knows where! Frustrating!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Oh my gosh! I'm stressed for you. Big Hugs to you!

Yay for the hamster and stuff to go with it.