Sunday, June 04, 2006

huge spider, wound up kids and tired mom

First things first! I was sitting here at the computer desk earlier when out of nowhere, a huge black spiders crawls out from under the paper in front of me. It then jumps to the loveseat, which is right next to the desk. I freaked out and jumped out of my seat. Just then, the phone was ringing and it was so close to where the spider was, it took me all 4 rings to get to it. So, the whole conversation was recorded on the answering machine. It was my uncle. I ended up letting him go so i could tend to the spider, which got away! So this big spider, about the size of a quarter, is lurking in my home somewhere. I am so creeped out, i don't know if i will be able to sleep.

The kids were both wound up tonight. Makenneh is still bouncing around on the loveseat and not settling down for sleep. She is driving me nuts! I am tired and don't see how she can be so wound up. Sebastian also just went to bed! UGH!

I mowed the neighbor lady's lawn today. She is in her 50-60s and lives alone. She doesn't have a mower and her grandson's usually come to mow it, but their new lawn mower won't fit in their vehicle, so they haven't been able to come mow it. She came over yesterday and asked if Jeremy would mow it. Well, he is a procrastinator (and we had extra kids and such today) so he was gonna just do it tomorrow. SO, i went ahead and went over and mowed it. It's just a little bit of yard, as we live in a trailer park. She was so thankful, she insisted on writing me a check for $5 to cover gas. I tried telling her it wasn't necessary. She said she has her son looking for a mower for her. Until then, Jeremy will just mow hers when he mows ours.

WE had another busy weekend. Saturday we had my cousin's open house and then Tiffney's daughter's bday party. The open house was at 3 and the bday party at 4...and they were on opposite sides of the county...lol. But, we managed. The kids had a great time and Makenneh got to see ggma again this weekend! Then, at the bday party, she went swimming and had a good time.

Ive decided that child harnesses are a Godsend and I will be investing in one soon. Sebastian is a go getter and doesn't believe in staying in one spot. He runs off quicker than shit. So, I will be checking on one before our vacation to Tenesee the end of this month. Which, is another issue. I really am not looking forward to a week long vacation that includes 5 kids all under 7. 4 of them are 3 and under. I was going to skip it, as I have no money to go, but my mom wants me to go bc she never gets to do things like that with me. It's usually her and my sister. So, i think im going to be dragged along anyway! I think mostly mom doesn't want me to get out of the torture. She is locked in bc she already paid her share for the Chalet. I can think of many reasons for me to stay home, but if mom really wants me to go i guess i will. For one, i will have no money or very little to go with, i have one pair of shorts that are decent and fit me, 2 pair of capris, a few shirts...no bathing suit. Well, the one i have is so old and worn, i won't be caught in public with it on. Honestly, i would rather have my mom use the money she would spend taking us on vacation, to get me some clothes, shoes, etc...things I really need. Don't get me wrong..i need a vacation, too. Just not with a bunch of kids who fight, whine and cry!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

EEEWWW! On the spider! They are creepy aren't they?

Sorry to hear the kids were so wound up. I am happiest when Zachary is out by 10:00 p.m. Really 9:00, but it is hard to get them to go to sleep when the sun is still out, so I will take 10:00 for the summer hours.

That was nice of you to do your neighbor's lawn. :)

Yes, a harness can be an excellent idea. My sister law uses one with her boy. She only has one leg and can't keep up with him when she is out alone with him. Boys are so busy! :)

I know money is tight, but maybe you could get a bathing suit at Walmart before you go? It will be warm in Tennessee and you will probably wish you had one.

I hope you got some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»