Sunday, December 24, 2006

Bah Humbug

Im so over Christmas. These kids have been nothing but horrible. Makenneh whines, defies and just makes everyone around her miserable. Sebastian won't stay out of anything. The tree looks like a bunch of monkeys live in it. I just don't care anymore. It is very sad to say this, but I am over Christmas. The bs i have had to go through the last couple days has ruined it for me. I have nothing to look forward to and would just as soon cancel christmas all together. Why do i spend our hard earned money on a couple kids who don't appreciate it, don't have any respect for anyone or anything. Why do i go through the stress of fighting them to get ready to go to parties and such?

I know that I sound like a horrible mom. and frankly, ill admit it today that I am. But, i seriously did not sign up for this amount of misery. I've tried hard to make things enjoyable and fun. I made cookies yesterday, and had to fight with Sebastian to stay out everything else. I had to deal with Makenneh not wanting to scoot over so i could have room to mix things...just nothing was enough for her. I try to let her help wrap gifts, but she wants to run the show. She seriously acts as though she is the almighty one and all must bow to her whims and desires the moment she expects it. When we don't, it's all out war in here.

I feel like these damn walls are closing in on me. I need space for myself. room to breathe. Peace and quiet. I need a break.

Well, im off here to deal with bratty kids so we can go to his dad's for Christmas. Yippeee, im spilling over with delight! I can't wait for the whole thing to be over with.

Hope your Holidays are going better than mine!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

When my older three were little, some years, I didn't make cookies. They drove me nuts. It just (like you said) ruined it for me. Give them a couple of years when they are old enough to help more then try again.

Perhaps next year, buy some (not as good I know) premade dough and just cut a few cookies out for fun.

I hope your day tomorrow brightens a bit. Big hugs to you! :)