Saturday, December 16, 2006

A small, much appreciated, unexpected break

We went to my parents today so Jeremy could help dad fix my seat in the car. Well, My dad's niece (who is actually the same age as my parents) moved into the duplex next to my parents...and she has 2 grandkids that kenneh loves to play with, Kurstyn and Kollin. Well, Karen came over to talk to my dad for a few mins and Makenneh wanted to know where her "friends" were. she threw a fit when she realized they weren't there. Well, karen ended up taking Kenneh to her place to see her christmas tree and then Makenneh stayed there with Karens daughter, Ashley (Mom to Kurstyn and Kollin). It was so nice to have a couple hours of peace and quiet without kids running around...bc believe it or not, Sebastian was taking a nap at the very same time! luck or what?! Of course, it wasn't such a good deal for Ashley bc her kids were at grandpa's and yet, she ended up with one of mine, but they had fun playing hide and seek. Now, Makenneh is at my parents' for the night and they are making a gingerbread house right now.

Seb is watching Over the Hedge right now and being pretty good. Although, as soon as i started typing that, he came over here with a small toy, wanting me to do something with it, but what, i have no idea..nothing is making him happy.

Well, we have had a couple days in a row without fevers or sickies. Woohoo! I hope the flu bug or whatever it was, is gone for good now! I served my fair amount of time, i think.

I received my card from Helen yesterday. It is so marvelous! I think i will have to make my own cards next year. If i plan ahead and work on them, it shouldn't be a problem. And they are so cute. I got a package today from my Grandma and Aunt Bev. It was my cookie plate that they had forgotten to bring to the family Christmas party! What fun to get packages in the mail, although, i must say, i didn't expect them to mail them to me...I was very surprised!

Well, im gonna venture over to babyzone and catch up there, then im gonna get ready for bed...i am exhausted!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Sounds like a nice little break for you. Glad to hear the sickies are gone. I hope they stay away, you have had enough for an entire year I think.

I hope you catch up on some sleep. I'm going to try to do the same here as well.

Anonymous said...

Christina, glad the cookies arrived so promptly! We just mailed them Friday. Hope they were'nt too smushed. We felt so badly about my oversight! Hope you all stay healthy.

Love you,
Aunt Bev

The other me said...

SO glad your card came, I will defianetly be making them again next year, I had such fun and everyone really seemed to like them being hand made! Happy christmas!