Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I have some News to share.....

I'm going to be an aunt! My brother's girlfriend is pregnant! They just found out Friday! Of course, Carrie's stepson is technically my first nephew...but this will be my first blood niece/nephew! My brother is pretty excited. He tells everyone that he is going to be a dad! it seems so weird in a way. LOL. I kinda hope they have a boy, bc then Sebastian would have a boy cousin close to his age...as Seb will only be 2 when the baby is born. And that brings to this....She is tentatively due August 4th. My bday is August 11th. Of course, we have several bdays in early August...A. Bev, A. Jean, Ralph just off the top of my head. Theirs are all before mine.

It looks like we are going to have an eventful summer/fall in 07. Carrie and Ralph are getting married in July, Sara is due for baby number 1 in Aug. and our cousin, Shannon is getting married in September. Oh and lets not forget the numerous Seniors we have graduating high school this year meaning several open houses to attend in June. Oh, and a cousin/friend (she is like a 3rd cousin, technically) is getting married in June, too. Wow! Talk about breaking the bank. I better start saving for all that stuff now!

Oh and something cute...Tonight Sara called me about dinner (we often eat dinner together) and when I hung up, Jeremy asked who it was. I told him it was Sara. Kenneh asked if it was her cousin Sarah and we said no, Aunt Sara. She said, "Oh and Uncle Matt." We said, yes. She comes back with, "my uncle says bad words." just as nonchalantly as possible. It was hilarious. Jeremy busted a gut laughing and she was like, " Daddy why are you laughing?" He said, bc you are too cute, kid! It was so cute. She said that because her and Sara will gang up and tease matt and he teases back...You're a chicken...so you are a bull frog that can't ribbit...etc, etc. Well, everytime they do this, she insists he is saying bad words when he isn't. But, i had to call matt right away to tell him..he got a kick out of it. He said great, the next time i take her or pick up from school, her teacher is gonna be like, "we need to talk." LOL. You know little kids tell their teachers half truths (and some full truths) of everything! One of my mom's cousins is an elementary teacher and she told us one time that if parents knew half the stuff thier kids told the teacher, they would never face the teacher for parent-teacher conferences. LOL. One girl told Deanna that daddy was out of town so mommy's boyfriend is staying the night. These are like 1st and 2nd graders. They are so darn innocent!

And once again, Im going to request that all of you say prayers/send good thoughts, whatever your beliefs are...One of Stacy's twin girls, Kierstyn (sorry if i spelled it wrong, Stacy) has a hole in her heart that will require operation. Please pray for her health and full recovery. Also pray for Jon and Stacy's strength to get through this, as i know it has to be very emotional for them! Stacy's mother in law told me the other day that they are waiting up to a couple months for her to get a little big bigger. Stacy, correct me if any of this information is wrong. And Stacy, I also wanted to tell you that while Jon's mom was telling me this while I was at walmart (I see her there quite a bit), a customer was in my line and heard. She inquired about it a little bit and i told her the gist of it and she said she will pray for all of you, too! I just thought that was so touching that a complete stranger would be so thoughtful.

Speaking of Walmart, I belong to an opinion network thing...Knowledge Networks. I had a survery today about Walmart...lol. A bit bias opinions im sure. It has to do with thier possible new tagline for marketing/advertising. I thought it was kinda neat that i get a "vote" so to speak, on the new slogan...lol. Companies, politicians, etc use the information gathered by KN in marketing, advertising, decision making, and all around satisfying the customer. And the cool thing is, i make a little extra cash for doing it. You only get one dollar for every 1000 points but still, it adds up. You can redeem your points for entries into drawing or save it up and redeem for cash (as long as you have 25000 pts or more). I am almost there to getting my 25.00. Of course, i redeemed 1000 pts to enter a drawing for a $150 visa gift card....so now im at like 22500. YOu get at least 1000 per survey, sometimes more. And i figured, i spend enough time online anyway, may as well make a few dollars while sitting here, otherwise wasting time. And the surveys are usually pretty short.

WE finally put the Christmas tree up tonight, but still have to put the lights and decorations on it. I will probably do the lights tomorrow, while he is at work and then when he gets home, we can decorate it. We all helped in putting the tree up...even little Sebastian. it was fun! Sebastian wasn't sure about touching the tree though, as it is a different texture. And I just wish you guys could all see the facial expressions this kid makes. They are quite hilarious. But it's almost impossible to capture by camera, as they change so fast. I need a video cam to get it..and even then..i would have to keep it handy at all times to catch it. I so wish i could bottle them up, along with his belly laughter and save them for times when he is being a stinker, which seems to be more often than not these days. we are heading into terrible twos. And I have to say, I am quite sad to think about my baby turning 2. I want to freeze time. He is the last one. There will be no more. NO more bottles, no more newborn smell, no more little receiving blankets wrapped tightly around a bundle of baby. I just have to remember that now it's time for my siblings to have babies..as they have now started doing...and I can cuddle and enjoy that newborn stage and send them home to keep mommy and daddy up all night. I can hold and love and kiss on them and not have to change dirty diapers, deal with colic...none of that dirty work....lol.

Well, i need to get to bed..i have been so tired lately. Not getting enough sleep at night and it's just not something you can ever catch up on and even if you could, it's impossible with little ones running around.

4 comments:

Julie Q said...

Congratulations Auntie Christine! That is very exciting! :) Your summer/fall '07 sounds very busy!

Ah sleep. We love it and never get enough of it. :) I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

The other me said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture of Kennah, what a pose and her face says it all!

Anonymous said...

Christina, sounds like you got it right except we spell her name Kiersten but that is ok. I actually talked to her doctor on the phone yesterday and it looks like we will be leaving here the 18th and her surgery will be on the 20th. I do appreciate the prayers because I am so nervous about how this is going to go. I will let you know more when I find out all the details but that looks like for now what is going to happen. Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say tell Matt I said congrats!