Tuesday, December 19, 2006

But first....

The Christmas Stockings....The first two pics are of the Christmas Stockings my late Aunt Dawn made for all of the nieces and nephews. These are the cause of tears each Christmas season, since she passed, as I get them out and hang then up, knowing that she was never able to finish Sebastians, thinking how much I miss her! We always told her she should make them to sell, but the problem is, they really take a lot of time to make them and the cost was about 20$ or so each...and she just didn't think she would be able to sell them at a price to justify the work that goes into them. but, idk, bc mine is well, 26 yrs old, has been washed...and washed and is still in good condition..mine is hte 2nd one! It's even white and has still stood the test of time!

The big downfall to them is they cost a lot to fill. I feel for my parents, when the dollar stores weren't available like today...it takes a lot to fill these buggars.




And now, here are the pics of the party tonight. this one is of Makenneh and her friends, Rashelle and Amaya, working on those bead things I was talking about in the last post! Makenneh and Rashelle were the last 2 at the table, finishing up!
Seb working on the pinecone trees...he wanted to eat the glue..go figure..i used to do that, even in 1st grade...school paste is the whip! LOL. I knew he would want to eat it, heck, i was expecting him to try to eat the darn pine cone! He wants to eat everything!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Looks a lot like Zachary's party. Just different crafts. :) It sounds like she really enjoyed going to the party.

The stockings are very nice. I can see why you wished she could have finished Sebs. I wish Ken's Grandma could have held my Zachary. I guess there are ways we will always miss our loved ones.

And thanks for the smile. ;) Seb wanting to eat everything is a little amusing! :)

Take care. :)