Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Is it over yet?


Look at that attitude! I told her she could stand in front of the tree and when i asked her to smile, that's the pose i got!!!

DAddy took this picture, bc he thought it was just too cute! It was a night i was working. The bear she is holding is one from when he was a kid!!!


This is a picture of the tree, although it came out blurry. I decided tonight that i need a new digital camera! I just got this one last year, and opted for a cheap one...but i now i see why i need a better one!


And here is a pic of my little chef! I walked away for a second and he had a chair scooched up to the counter, spatula in hand and was turning the sausage links. I was right there, and they were on low..but after the initial fear...i thought it was quite cute!
And of course, the pic is blurry...grrr!


And now to my post......
The day that is. Geesh! Sebastian has spent the better part of the past hour crying. He is fighting sleep and wants no part of it. He just quieted down. Makenneh is on the couch watching Narnia.

Im in a sort of pickle at the moment. A lady at work wanted to me to cover her shift for her tomorrow from 10-7. She had asked me a week ago. well, I got the paper from the teacher yesterday and my parent teacher conference is tomorrow at 3. Right smack dab in the middle of my shift. These conferences are a requirement for Headstart because it is a state-funded program. I tried calling work today to see if i could work a 10-3 shift or if someone else could just take the shift all together. Well, i was told that i had to talk to my assistant manager...well that's all fine and good, except today was her day off. So, i have no idea what to do. I can't wait til the last minute to arrange a sitter and all and i tried to get it taken care of, but the Customer service Supervisor (my immidiate sup) said she couldn't handle the situation. Grrrrr.

Anway, we finally got our tree decorated today. Makenneh did a lot of it and it looks just marvelous. Even with the bare spots here and there and clusters of ornaments in other places...lol. Sebastian doesn't want to leave it alone either..he thinks the bulbs are freakin balls and wants to take them and throw them. Thankfully, most of the ornaments at the bottom are all nonbreakable. Most of them are ones that i couldn't care less about it.

Of course, with getting out the Christmas decorations, comes the Christmas Stocking issue. I ended up in tears again this year. My aunt Dawn made all the nieces and nephews this huge stockings for Christmas. Well, she passed away when i pg for Sebastian and had started his but never finished it. My aunt Kathy does have the started stocking, but nobody has finished it yet. I really would love for it to be finished. It makes me so sad that he doesn't have a stocking. I bought him one today that was pretty big (and only a dollar at the dollar store) to use this year. Last year, i had his first Christmas stocking, so it was no big deal. I wish i would have taken the time to learn how to make those stockings, then i could have finished it myself. I just never really had the patience for crocheting. I tried learning and i do have the basics down, but can't do anything like all the projects my aunts and mom can do.

Well, i took some pics today and had some on my memory card from november...so i will post them!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Oh my! To her attitude! ;) Good luck with that. he he

I hope the work situation works out for you today. We usually have about a week or two notice on conference times. I'd call the school and talk to them. I'm sure they'd understand more than Walmart.