Monday, November 13, 2006

After 10 hours at work...

I walk up to the porch to find the trash that i had put there the night before, still there, tore up...so i had to stand out in the freezing cold to rebag it. But, oh, it didn't stop there. I come in and take care of all my stuff and get ready to sit down to get online....and it's all wet and messy here at the desk. Jeremy went to bed with Makenneh up. She got ahold of my brand new bottle of Dream from my pure romance party...and well, it's empy..dumped all over the desk, even in the keyboard, which is thankfully working, but for how long, who knows. She also got into some eyeshadow and has it all over up here, and ON MY BRAND NEW CARPET! Im not happy. Im not so much mad at her. She is 3.5 and well, that's what you get when you leave a child unattended...im mad at him for leaving her unattended. I am thankful nothing bad happened, but pissed that i had all this mess to clean up first thing. My feet and legs are killing. I have spent the better part of the day up and down a huge ladder, running from one of the store to the other, hauling and heaving boxes, putting stock out and damn it, my body aches. On the plus side, it smells splendid and aromatic here at the pc desk. And my, the pills are surely working, bc really, im over it.

I got to ring on register for 15 mins to cover a break. lol. yippee! But then it was back to the floor. I hate working on the floor....i hate stock, i hate it! Ok, maybe i don't totally hate it. I have found some positives. For one, I take my breaks and lunch when I am ready..don't have to wait for someone to come relieve me. I work mostly on my own (which could be a negative at times...it meant far more trips up and down the ladder with merchandise) and I stay pretty busy. And when i need to just fluff off for a few mins, well i can do that too. Im really trying to focus on the positives, bc the supervisor for that area of the store (Connie) kept making comments about needing a new merchandise supervisor(ms) for toys come the new year. She said, "you know, we are gonna be in need of a new ms for toys after Christmas....and just think...you would have a whole year to figure it out (meaning Christmas Chaos)." I had to remind her that I hate toys! LOL. It's not hte toys that i hate. it's the public's idea that the toy section is eveyone's playground! It's really not, people. There are poor peons like me, who have to go behind you and pick up the messes you and your kids leave behind. If you decide you don't want something...don't be afraid to walk a few aisles over to put it back where you found it. Or you could even give it to the cashier as you are checking out. At least that way, it's not just shoved somewhere it doesn't belong, looking all messy and unorganized. I know, i know...those of you reading my blog probably aren't the ones who whiz through like a tazmanian devil, tearing up everything in your path. i just feel better after having passed the info along. Ya never know who is reading you at any given time.

I have the next 3 days off...have i said that yet? LOL. I really hope that they have me back in the system..bc i am a cashier, damn it. My name tag says so! One thing that brightened my day, after I got home and was dealing with this mess...i realized it is Sunday...i realized that i got paid an extra dollar an hour for working today...so that makes me feel a wee bit better about having a long ass shift today. Of course, when ya think about it..that means i only made an extra 9.00 today...but hey...ill take it.

Well, I need to head to bed, bc Seb will be up bright and early! He doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in, yet. He will get it, just in time to have to be up for school...lol. Funny how that works. When we are kids and can sleep whenever we want, as long as want, we hate to sleep. We fight it. Then we get older and have to get up for alarm clocks, be at school, jobs, take care the kids, etc...and by God we would just love to lay our weary body down and rest...but no time for that....bc the kids who could sleep, don't want to sleep and well, sleeping on the job is a quick way to lose your job. Unless you are Toni and work at Walmart...then you can sleep on the job..bc, well, i am not sure why...but you get to. Not once, not twice, but 3 times in one day....old news, but still so frustrating. How do you get away with sleeping for over an hour on company time and keep your job? Hmph!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

I am so sorry you came home to what you did Christina. Working retail is exhausting! I've had the pain in my legs and all you want to do is come home and soak in a hot tub.

An extra $9 is an extra $9! That is a long day though.

I worked at Toys R Us one Christmas season. Fool that I am. ;) Everybody opened freaking everything! So you have to put it all back in the boxes.

Anyway, I hope they get you back on the registers. And enjoy your three days off. I hope the bottle of Dream didn't ruin your keyboard. Oh, I'd be mad at Jeremy too. After all, what if she had decided to cook herself something instead of just getting into other stuff.

Julie Q said...

Oh and it sucks that guy sleeps at work! Want me to send in an anonymous tip? ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about wanting to sleep. I have to get up really early to get the babies fed and kids ready for school and on the weekends Justice thinks he still has to be on that schedule! Anyway, sorry that Jeremy fell asleep like that. Jon does that alot also!