Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I was sleeping...

But i woke up to Makenneh crying....in a sick way....i looked over at her and she was covered in puke. Her poor face was just plastered. She had wanted to sleep with me last night and was complaining of not feeling good...so we settled for me sleeping on couch and she was on the floor. Im glad now that i was near her. I was wiping her up and she says, btwn tears, "thanks for doing this for me mom!" She melted my heart. She has been very good with showing a lot of appreciation. I told her that i am her mommy and my job is to take care of her and that's what ill do. I got her wiped up best I could and called for jeremy who surprised me..he heard my 2nd call and when i asked for help he got right up and started the bath for kenneh. She couldn't even open her eyes bc they were covered in puke and i think she tried and got puke in them, making them hurt. It was just so awful. She is now fresh and clean and in clean jammies, snuggled on the couch. i don't know if im gonna be able to go back to sleep. I always fear the kids choking on their vomit, during sleep. IM supposed to be to work at 7am in the morning, but not sure what to do. My mom was gonna babysit, but i really don't want to expose her to flu, if that's what Makenneh has, bc they are going up to my gmas for Turkey day and I can't risk my gma getting sick like this. She is in her late 80s and Im quite sure it wouldn't be a good thing for her to get this yucky flu. Not to mention, my mom and dad don't wanna get it nor anyone else who is going to be around them for the holiday! I hate to call in, so i will play it by ear.

It would look real bad me calling in tomorrow. My supervisor just called tonight to go over my review with me, bc she just got the job a week ago and got all these reviews dumped in her lap with deadlines. My review had to be in the computer tonight. So, she apologized for calling me at home and im getting paid 15 mins for the phone conversation about my review. Not a bad deal. I am getting a .40 cent raise and my review was good. I'm excited about that. Jeremy tells me if i get too many more raises like that, he is gonna have to quit and apply at walmart, bc, well he has been at his job a bit over a year and has got no raises. Im creeping up close to him in pay....lol. ON sundays, when i work, i will be making .90 less than him. That's not really cool, when ya think about it. And then you have all these ppl bitching about walmart and how they treat their employees. Maybe in some locations, but not where i am working. If i would have been working anywhere else during my recent depression slump, i would have been fired. And I get paid for the time on the phone just to get my review. They are sticklers about working off the clock. if i am punched out and walking to my car and a customer stops me to ask something, i am supposed to fill out a time adjustment sheet so i get paid for that few mins i was talking to the customer.

Anyway, I just called my dad (he works nights) to have him leave a note for mom to call me when she gets up. He even agrees that it wouldn't be a good idea for the kids to be around them being that they are going up to gmas and will expose everyone to flu. I am almost certain that is what she has. She ran a low grade fever last night and then tonight she is puking. She has been coughing miserably and i have kept her home from school the past two days. There is nobody to watch her as i don't want anyone getting sick....kwim? looks like i may have to do Thanksgiving dinner here for us....if she is still sick. That will absolutely suck, as i have to work 12-4. Guess it would mean getting up extra early to start a turkey and all that and have it so that dinner would be ready around 6. Yuck. I have never had a holiday meal that damn late. Guess i could always opt for a rotisserie chicken from out deli and then just make up some side dishes. Guess we will have to see.

I feel wide awake now. grrrrrrrr. so sorry if i am rambling. But it's almost midnight and there isn't a soul awake that i know to call and ramble to. And we don't have cable tv right now...so nothing to watch there.

Ok, ill stop now and find something else to occupy my time with. Ill spare you all of my aimless rambles. night all....Oh, one last thing. I would like to send thoughts and prayers out to Jennifer from kroger and her fiance, Josh. They just lost their baby the other day. His funeral was today. I just found out today. She was due in December, but went into labor and he was still born. They are a young couple (20-21) and this was their first child. They had the nursery all done and everything ready and waiting for him to come home. My heart just aches for them. May they find peace and comfort during this very difficult time!

No comments: