Sunday, November 26, 2006

I am woman...

hear me roar!!!! LOL. Our washer has been unlevel since it was put there! As a result, the damn thing never wants to spin out without buzzing loudly, screaming for me to come manually balance the clothes. This irritates me bc every load spins a couple of times and well, it becomes monotonous to rearrange soaking wet, cold clothes at least twice every load. I wasn't able to do laundry at night, for fear that the buzzing would wake the sleeping bears. Well, seems how we just brought in the other dryer, i told hubby not to put it in until we fixed the washer. Well, he woke up sick early this morning and so he is sleeping right now...i need to get laundry going bc we have dirtied so much laundry with this flu bug, it's not even funny. So, i decided to level the ol' washer all by myself. And i succeeded. I pulled the ol level out of the closet, got the board from the porch and me and my muscle (LOL) leveled that washer. i am now washing a load of clothes and it is relatively quiet. As quiet as a 20 yr old machine can be, anyway. ANd it's not screaming at me to balance the clothes. I'm loving it. And furthermore, i am drying clothes, bc i had my cousin, who stayed the night last night, help me get it plugged in. the cord is so rediculously short that you had to climb behind the dryer, plug it in, then climb up over the washer and out. Not something my large body is gonna be doing. I woulda been stuck and i can see it now! Fat lady trapped behind dryer! I still need to get a piece to put in the front left side of the washer, as it needs a bit of support, but the washer is still working. I shall seek out a piece today to finish it off. I love that i can do these kinda things, if i really have to. Who needs a man? LOL.

I have so much cleaning to get done around here. The kitchen needs cleaned out, so we can put our living room chair out there to make room for the tree. I also need to clean out our bedroom so we can hide Christmas gifts. Ugh, i dread it. Im not on the schedule this week for work, bc I was on my leave when this weeks schedule was generated. I can call up there and be put on, but im kinda thinking, it may be good to take the time to get things done around here. not to mention, we are all still suffering with this bug and it would give us time to get over it, hopefully. Poor Makenneh said last night that she wanted to see her teachers. She missed all last week. i didn't make a deal about it. in fact, i never told her she was missing school. But, she missed going, for sure.

Well, im off here to get some stuff done. Oh how i don't want to deal with my bedroom. it is so disastrous.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Yay for you! :)