Sunday, November 05, 2006

Nothing too noteoworthy

The weekend wasn't that thrilling. We did go bowling friday night. It was alright. A couple small things agitated me, but im not going into details bc it's over, not worth causing hard feelings over.

It was nice to go to bed with Jeremy and wake up with him in the morning. The ironic thing is, the damned alarm clock went off at 7am. I have no idea how it got set for that time, bc Jeremy sets it for 430ish for work....and i haven't used it, so who knows. So, yeah, i still had an interruption at 7am, but i was able to just shut the alarm off and go back to sleep. And sleep I did. We didn't get up til about 11am! It seems I spent the day, or what was left of it by the time I got up and around, running the roads. I had to find the movie, The Notebook, for part of my parents' anniversary gift, a few other odds and ends to go in their gift basket and then had to stop home to assemble the basket, run it out to my parents before they left for dinner, then run to my cousin's who was having an adult toy party, then home, finally. I didn't get to stay at my cousin's party bc i had to bring kids with me (I had my cousins and their friend with us). So, they had to wait in the van while i placed an order. The kids stayed the night, which made for a houseful. But all in all, everything was fine.

Today i did nothing hardly. I did take a couple hour nap. It was so nice. Until I woke up to find that makenneh had dumped baby powder all over in my bedroom while i slept. Where was dad? grrrr!

I made lasagna for dinner. Ive been on a roll lately with the cooking. I made a roast the other night. The night before that i did baked chicken and mashed potatoes.

I go to the eye doctor on tuesday! Finally. I haven't had my eyes checked in several years, bc my ins doesn't cover contacts and I don't want to wear glasses. So, yeah, ive been wearing the same pair of contacts for a long time. Well, actually, they have been changed bc I get some from my mom sometimes when I lose one. But her Rx is weaker than mine. It will be nice to actually see things again. Then, when we get our income taxes back, im getting new contacts.

Well, i have a couple kids to wrestle to sleep, so im off for now! Told ya nothing exciting to report!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

You do sound better Christina. :) I hope you are feeling better.

Everyday, little things, big things, they are the things that keep me going.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Please be careful with the contacs! I have known people that have damaged their eyes by not changing them enough. Plus i have an eye doctor now, that has really shown me the way. He measures for corneal swelling, he can tell when i've been wearing my contacs too long. Thats good enough to keep me in line. It's amazing the things doctors don't tell us. Just be careful.

Anonymous said...

Christina, I am so glad that you are sounding like you are doing better and I am happy that you had such a nice weekend. Tell your mom and dad that I said Happy Anniversary!