Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I fulfilled my duty as a citizen of the USA..i voted. General elections were held today and we had to vote for governor, reps and all that good stuff. I haven't been extremely happy with our current governor and Lord knows this state is in some bad shape...we lead the nation's unemployment, we have 2 of the top 3 most dangerous cities in the US....and need I say much more. I was determined to vote against her this election. But then, the other candidate didn't suit my fancy much at all. He gripes about Granholm letting ppl "live off of welfare" and how he wants to implement a time line for welfare. Which, it sounds great. But, has he forgotten, as he sits in his high business position, that our economy sucks and there are no jobs here? Does he not realize that a lot of hard working Michiganders have had to resort to welfare to feed their families when jobs were lost? Does he realize that the average commute for work is about an hour? Has he not realized that gas prices are very high and this long commute means more money for gas? Then, he mentions that if ppl want insurance, they need to get jobs that offer insurance. Wake the Hell up, would you! Where are the jobs that pay enough and offer insurance? Show me! Im sorry but on 10.00 an hour, the avg family cannot afford to shell out hundreds of dollars a month for insurance. NOt to mention, most of these small factories don't even offer it. I just got the impression that he has no clue about the real people here in MI who are working hard, strugglins, losing jobs bc they are moving over seas or to mexico. I just don't think he gets it. McDonalds doesn't pay enough to get ahead on! Sorry, pal! Fix the economy first, then worry about the welfare system. Too many ppl have had to come to rely on it during these tough times!

Ok, that's my rant for the night!

My adult party is tomorrow nigh tand this place is trashed. THe kitchen is full of boxes and crap that i need to take care of. Im afraid it's gonna get shoved in our bedroom to be hid from everyone!

Oh, oh oh! On a hopefully positive note: I have been eyeballing this house every day as I take Makenneh to and from school. I don't know what it was about this place, but i just fell in love with it. It was vacant and had a small sign on teh door, so i knew it would be getting listed soon, as a repo (HUD) house. So, low and behold, Monday, there was a sign on the window to call a realtor of your choice to see it. So, i called my realtor and I went and looked at it today. It is marvelous! 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, family room, kitchen, dining *huge*, 2 car garage with heated loft above, pole barn, fire place...i mean, it's beautiful. So, we are placing a bid on it tomorrow! I know, crazy maybe. But I can't help but shake the notion that having a bigger place, a place to be proud of, would help shake some of this depression. We are so cramped here and so dark and dreary and just blah! Im going to try my damnedest (sp) not to get excited. But, i so want this house. IT has a huge yard with a big deck out back. It butts up to the city park. It's right by Makenneh's school. Everything is perfect. Cross fingers, say prayers, send good vibes, whatever it is you do for good things to happen!

That's all I have for tonight. Im thinking it's time to get to bed!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the house Christina!

We may be looking to get a real house ourselves after Eddie graduates. There is no way we can live in this school district. A bummer for Zachary, but he should do well where ever he goes to school.

I never heard DeVos saying those things. What a fruit cake. So many programs have already been dropped. Insurance is expensive and some people truly need the help. They work hard and still need help.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the house, I have the feeling you are going to get it!

Anonymous said...

I am praying and crossing my fingers on the house! I so hope that you get it!