Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's gonna be a long night...

Well, I finally decided to try to get some sleep and no sooner fell into a good sleep only to be woken up by Makenneh crying again. She had puked again. This time wasn't so bad and easy to clean up which is a good thing bc she didn't even hardly wake up. She is sooo exhausted. I got her cleaned up and new blankets and got on here for a bit to be sure she was gonna be ok and just as i was considering going back to sleep, Sebastian started coughing hard, crying...and went in to find him sitting in his crib with puke all over him. So, i had to get him in the tub and then clean up his crib. He is still up, on the loveseat, watching Barney. It's looking like I won't be making it into work. These poor babies. We are running out of bedding and towels, real fast. And i don't have a dryer! This could get real interesting.

I was talking to my friend Stacy about Jen and losing her baby. Come to find out, she is friend's with josh's sister. So, she was able to fill me in on more details. Come to find out, jen even had complications from delivery and lost a lot of blood. They kept her an extra night to be sure she would be ok. And the baby was born at 930pm and passed away in the night. So, he wasn't still born. he was born a month early but also had other complications bc his skull wasn't formed right. They were aware of this problem during the pregnancy, early on, but jen opted to continue with the pregnancy. Bless her heart. I just know they must be so hurt right now.
On a positive note, if there is such a thing when discussing death, the funeral home here in town offers free funerals for babies one and under. They provide a casket, the funeral service and all of it...Stacy had her son's funeral there and she even got a framed poem, candles with Bryce's name inscribed on them and all free. That is so incredible that they do this. The only thing the parents have to pay for is the obituary and that's because the newspaper handles them. One of the cemetaries also provides free burial in their lullabye land.

it's definitely a tear jerker. And i sit here, up all night with sick kids and can't help but be thankful that i have two healthy (aside from this flu bug) kids that are keeping me up all night. I look at Sebastian, with his big, bright blue eyes and can't help but feel a pain for those parents who have lost a baby. It really puts life into perspective.

Well, I am going to go snuggle up to my little guy and hope he can get some sleep and that the puke bug leaves this house very soon! I can't stand for my babies to be sick.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

It surely does make you count your blessings.

You do make me glad Zachary only has an ear infection. I hope the kids are feeling better soon.

(((Big Hugs)))