Sunday, February 04, 2007

Coldest night of the year

I musta had my head up my butt...i didn't plan fpr the superbowl. We don't have cable and bc I had broken our tv's cable hook up long ago, we can't even hook up an antenna to get local channels, we couldn't watch the game. I hate that it has to be on a work night. It makes it even harder. I had to take my one cousin home, so i watched one drive at my Uncle Ken's, but then I had to head home...i resorted to listening to the game on AM radio. I feel old. LOL. We are a strange couple..i was more into the game than he was. He didn't care that we were missing it and he dozed off. I sat on the floor, next to the alarm clock radio, listening to the game. hahaha. I was rooting for the Bears, bc i love Brian Urlacher. MMMMM good! But, they lost, bc they too musta had their heads up their asses. So, that made me grumpy. On top of the pooey kinda day I had.

I had a bad headache for most of the day. I finally got rid of it and was going to go lay down for a bit when my sis called. She wanted to know if i could go to the dress shop with her. So, i put on my happy face and went along, even though i felt like crap and just wanted to sleep. Im glad I went bc we found my dress and ordered it. I paid most of the balance already and just hope beyond hope that it looks decent on me. I do like the fact that the dress shop we patronized is a family owned business and the ladies there are both plus sized ladies and understand the need to have a dress look good. They take great pride and making sure that every lady/girl finds the right dress and has the right fit. I love this dress shop...this is the 3rd time I have taken my business there. They are absolutely wonderful. I found out tonight that the business was started when the one sister was a single parent and getting married. She had limited funds and found a lot of road blocks. Her sister did flowers and they just put their brains together and made it work. That was like 25 yrs ago!

Anyway, Here's the picture of my dress. This is supposedly the color, too, although, the color swatch depicts a more reddish color. I hope the swatch is right..which im sure it will be. This color seems too purplish. We are going to have a Hi-low hem put in it, to match the other dresses.
And this is the dress the other girls are wearing. There is absolutely no way i coulda pulled this dress off. Amanda tried it on tonight and she is small. She has a little tiny bit of a belly from having two kids....but every single flaw showed, even her panty line and belly button ring...Even she can't wear it without a girdle type thing of some sort. This dress is more the color too.
This is the hi-low hemline. Carries dress will also have this type of hem.

Now we have to tackle the shoe issue. Bc of the hi-low, shoes matter. Usually it doesn't matter, bc they don't show. Ugh. None of us (well except Amanda) want to wear heals. I will if i have to..if that's what carrie wants, but like she said, she can't walk in heels and doesn't expect us to. So kind of her...lol. Im sure ive mentioned a million times before what happened at my wedding...during the ceremony, in front of all, i lost a couple inches in height. While we were doing the unity candle, i discreetly as possible, kicked off my heels..actually, i stepped out of them, one at a time, so as not to create a big scene. They remained at the alter til just before we left the church...lol. So, i walked down the aisle, for the first time as Mrs Howart, barefoot!!! HEhehehhe. Back to Carrie....she likes those shoes with the lace that goes up the calves. They do look absolutely gorgeous...but, they are around 70.00 or more. She doesn't want us to have to pay that much for our shoes, bless her heart.

And then to the title of this post. It is supposed to go down to -6* tonight. Yep, you read right...NEGATIVE six degrees (F). I shiver just thinking about it. We have had several school closings go across the screen, due to cold. And to make matters worse, i have to go let my brothers dogs out. And Jager can't be let out by himself, i have to put him on a leash and take him out...standing in this frigid cold to let him take care of his business. The things we do for family.

Yeah, the things we do for family....
First, to clarify, as I read Julie's question to my last post...My Uncle Mark and his family are moving to Arizona. He leaves at 4 in the morning for Flagstaff. His wife Missy, and the kids, will be leaving in about 30 days. They figure that they can have a better life down there. Mis has a certificate in Medical billing and coding and i guess there are a lot of job opportunities down there for her field. THen, Mark got a job with the government, i guess, working as a forest ranger of sorts...he will be taking tourists down into the canyon and working on the hiking trails and things of that nature. He had to go through a background check, drug tests and all sorts of things for the job, but they called about 2 weeks ago to offer him the job. So, that's the sum of it.

Today, when they came to pick up their kids (both girls stayed the night here last night), Mis asked if her and girls could stay here for about 4 or 5 days starting with the 28th of this month. She has to turn the keys in for the modular home they were renting on the 28th and they will have nowhere to stay. To add to it, they have sold their truck and will have no transportation, so need to be close to the school, so she can get the girls to and from school those last few days. So, yippee, we get to crowd 3 extra ppl in my 2 bedroom 14X65 mobile home. The length of their stay will depend on what day they can get a departure on. She doesn't know yet if they will be going by plane or train..probably train, bc whatever if cheaper. And if it is more to leave on a weekend, then she will wait til that following monday, which would be the 5th of march! wowzer!

I also don't know how it will go with our lack of schedule around here and the kids needing to go to bed early for school...but maybe it will do us all good and we will all get on a much needed schedule. Makenneh doesn't understand the concept of bed to save her soul. Hasn't since the day she was born. Or the night she was born, i should say. She came out at 1031pm and must have figured that was the "start" of the day and has believed so ever since. I don't get it..i am a night owl, but i LOVE my sleep. Jeremy loves his sleep too. So, why we have 2 kids that fight it, makes no sense to me whatsoever. LOL. I try to get her to understand that NOW is the time to sleep...get it while you can, bc the older you get, the less of it you get to have. There are late nights studying for finals and then there are late nights with babies and kids and jobs and all that other fun stuff life is full of. NOW, as a kid, is the time to sleep. No school (well, 3 hrs an evening), no job, no kids, nothing to interfere. If i knew then what i know now, i would've slept a heck of a lot more, i tell ya! I would have at least tried to bank some of that sleep for use in my later days.

Well, i am frustrated, with my team losing, Sebastian screaming in his crib for an eternity (or maybe just 30 mins), Makenneh fighting sleep and being up still at 11pm....i wanna scream! Send me warmth as I trek out into this frigid night to let the dogs out!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

The dress is beautiful. :)

My oldest still won't go to bed early! I can't imagine how late she stays up at college. She comes home on the weekend looking like she went to war! For a while, while she was growing up, she went to bed earlier because of school. But when she grew up, that all went out the window again. And this girl wants to teach high school! he he

Wow, Arizona is far away. It sounds like a good opportunity for them though. And so much warmer there now I'm sure. Good luck to them!! :)

Oh and sorry about the football team losing. My team won! ;)