Sunday, February 11, 2007

is it bedtime yet?

It's only quarter after 8, but it feels like midnight. I am soo tired. We had a busy day on the go though!

We weren't able to go bowling yesterday bc none of the bowling alleys had open bowl yesterday until late at night. So, we went today. We got there around noon,bowled for a couple hours (Jeremy's dad and dad's gf met us up there) and then we left there and went to lunch at Mr. Browns. The kids were exhausted. After lunch, we stopped by my brother's new place and Jeremy looked at their computer for them,bc every time Sara turned it on,it would shut itself off. So, busy busy day! Now, jeremy is bed, and im getting ready to put Sebastian down here in the next 15 mins. hopefully makenneh falls out soon after,as well.

I am getting a bit excited about valentine's day, bc i found out that jeremy has money tucked aside to do something for me. I totally didn't expect that, because we don't usually do much for those holidays for each other. He told me not to say anything, bc he has ideas and doesn't want me to feel like he only thought of them because i told him. So, we shall see what he manages to pull off. I am trying not to get my expectations up too high, bc he is still a man. The type of man that buys the humor greeting cards I may add. And while humor is good, i am a fish for warm mushy greeting cards and rarely ever go for funny in a card. I'd kinda like an orchid for vday...and i know he would never pull that off without me telling him, bc it's not a typical thought. Now,i have to plan/think of something to do for him. hmmmm. I used to be a mushball about vday. I used to go all out for it. then, i got over it. So,i need to tap back into that part of me that used to love valentine's day! And soon, as it's this wednesday!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

We only usually do cards for Valentines Day. I have no clue this year what he will do. He gave me flowers last week, I don't think he'd get more. Oh well, whatever! I should try and come up with an idea for him. I try to pick him up stuff all the time for he never buys himself anything ever!

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely VDay! I hope Jeremy figures out a fun way to surprise you. :)

I hope the kids went to bed good for you tonight. Nothing like getting them good and tired. Usually works great! :)

LosingSanity said...

We usually just do cards,too. That's why I'm stumped now. I had no idea that he thought ahead enough to tuck some money aside for vday. I did mention to him that the ultimate gift would be a weekend getaway. He said he didn't have "that" much tucked away, but enough for a night...hmmm. But, then the logical,practical side of me thinks, "what an absolute waste of money..." Sometimes I think im just too darn practical...this comment is getting long..ill make a new post about the ideal gift...lol