Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh,Glorious Weekend!

This weekend was far better than the week was! Saturday, I took the kids to my moms for awhile to visit before they leave for their snowmobiling trip to the UP. We left there after a few hours and came back home to get the kids ready for staying the night with Jeremy's mom. Well, Jeremy had stayed home while the kids and i went to my moms. I came home to a clean house, washer and dryer humming away. I was sooo happy! I decided that Hallmark can keep their Valentine's Day Cards. This was soosoo much better than any card or flowers or candy! When i got back from taking the kids to gma's for the night, we watched a movie, hung out, then went bowling with his cousin and her boyfriend. We had a great time. I had far too many drinks, but it was nice to just cut loose for a night! Today, when i went to get the kids, Makenneh was being a bit bratty, but got better on the way home. I told them on the way home that daddy cleaned the house and we are going to work hard to keep it that way. I told them that no toys are to be out in the living room and we must pick up after ourselves. When we got home, i also explained that bedtime is at 830 and when i say it's time for bed, they are go in and go to bed. she said ok. (Yeah, we will see what she really says come 815 when i start counting down to bedtime). I also told her that if they were good all day long that they could stay up 15 mins longer but if they were naughty during the day, they had to go to bed at 8pm. I figure if i push this, then it will makes things so much better. It will give her something to strive for during the day and it will make bedtime more peaceful. So far,and it's been 3 hours, they have gotten along just great! They have been excellent kids. And i have folded laundry, Jeremy has helped and everything is just peachy keen in the Howart house for now! May it continue to go so well!

I am off to get stuff ready for dinner. I have another Pure Romance Party tonight to go to, so dinner has to be done before that!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. :) It is always a nice surprise to have someone else help with the housework. I must say, I do love a romantic Hallmark card myself though. :)

I hope you had a good time tonight. And I hope the kids went to bed nice and early. I always have to start getting Zachary ready for bed like an hour before I want him there! Stories/teeth brushing and it's the perfect time to decide he needs to sit on the potty for 20 minutes! Ugh! :)