Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good Morning!

Well, Sebastian has been getting up quite early...before 8am. Of course, we have all been going to bed earlier at night,too!

I talked to mark, markie and allana this morning...they were on the train, in Battlecreek, headed for AZ. They had been on the train an hour when i called. So, they are moving slightly faster than a car...but they said it feels like they are going super slow. I've never rode on a train like that, but i think it would be fun! Maybe someday we can go out and visit them and we will take train...

Sebastian got ahold of my phone yesterday, either while i was in bathroom or washing dishes and couldn't find it all darn day. I was so grumpy! All i could think was that my phone would be forever gone and I would have to just go without bc i can't afford a new one. I even drove to my mom's to have her call it when i got home, so i could hopefully find it. But, when i got to mom's, i found out jeremy was trying to get ahold of me all day to let me know he would be late...so the phone had been ringing all day and I couldn't hear it. Then, i got real bummed out. Well, i got home and when Jeremy got home, he came in and said, I know where your phone is..it's under their bed. Sure enough. Seb had taken Jeremy's phone the night before and that's where J found it. He turns the ringer off then stashes it. Wise guy! See, that's why i have to keep Jeremy around...he is so good at finding things when they are lost...lol. I get too frustrated and can't see straight,when things are lost.

My mom and sister went shopping yesterday morning and got the stuff to make the wedding programs. yes,make! Here's the kicker...we have to use a stamper and stamp this paisley print onto white card stock...covering the card stock. The stamper is about maybe 2"X2"....lol. Then,we are cutting the card stock in half, putting a layer of velum over it with the program info printed on the velum. then, gluing a tongue depressor sort of stick to the bottom. Using rafia to tie the cardstock and velum and it's going to be a "fan"/program. How appropriate, as they used them in the 0ld western days and the church is not air conditioned. It's going to be cute, even if it is a lot of work...lol. So, yesterday while i was there, we stamped a few sheets of card stock! It was thearaputic for my stress! We also have to make the tags to go on the mini cow bells that are to be wedding favors. The tags are going to say, "Hay Look who got married...Carrie and Ralph 7/7/07" with the grain of hay on each side. they look cute. Of course,the play on the word hay is difficult for me to swallow, bc i can't help but think....YOU ARE SPELLING THAT WRONG! LOL. i can't help it. I told her maybe she should use " " around hay, so everyone knows she meant to spell it that way. She said, there is hay on there..they should know. Hahhahahaha. Yep, mispellings is a huge pet peeve for me!

We got together with Sara's mom last night to plan the babyshower! It's getting to be the busy time....We have had to change dates so many times,my pocket calander is about glued together with white out. and last night we decided to move carrie's bridal shower up to March 31. Yep, a month away. Good thing I already got the plates and cups and we have the napkins. lol. Now she has to get registered asap so we can get invites out. But, mom doesn't want to have their showers so close together, bc it will be a big strain on everyone' s pocketbooks, including guests. She also wants carrie to be able to have her moment in the spotlight. Carrie always gets the raw end of things. And I even spoke up that she needs to have the spotlight at some point, as this is her day! Her senior year, dad was laid off for over a year, so money was tight...matt and i both had help with first cars, she didn't (back to financial situation). Although they did make their vehicles very accessible to her, it's not the same. So, when dad got his new car, he gave her his old one to sell,keep, do as she wished,even though she had her truck (well, ralph's truck for her) by this time. The point was, they were never able to help her that way and they felt they owed it to her to keep things fair. So, yeah, that's just a couple examples of how Carrie's life has gone...lol. This one thing, her wedding, needs to be special for her! Even if her brother is expecting his first child a month after her wedding!

Ok, time for breakfast....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that Carrie needs to have that special time! That is so funny about Sebastian--I know at the time it wasn't but it is something to write down in the baby book. At least he didn't drop your $80 phone in the toliet and it never work again---Michael! Anyway, I hope that you have a great day!

Julie Q said...

A train, out of Michigan? I didn't know they still had that. From Detroit, you take a bus to Ohio (I think). Then you get on the train there.

Thank goodness Sebastian didn't destroy your phone. And yeah for J to find it! :) That is too funny he knows how to turn the ringer off.

I hope your day is going well. :)