Sunday, February 25, 2007

Whew

I don't remember if i posted this...i had a total of 9 kids here last night..8 total stayed(2 were mine). It was crazy. You see i get suckered into this often, dontcha? LOL. And every time i hear myself say, never again! It was nice to have help dealing with the dogs...that was a great relief. But, the night brought it's own drama too! So much so, that I found myself on here, emailing Helen for some advice, which i was glad to receive. Teenagers are certainly scary. Most of these teenagers smoke...they are all about partying and being stupid. Ugh! Then, there was a bigger issue with two of them (sisters). It was a tough situation. The older sister will be 16 in May and the younger will be 12 on the 2nd of march. The older sister has a friend and they are closer than best friends. They display their affections towards each other in front of the little sister and it upsets her. What an ordeal. Little sis spent a great deal of the night crying. She doesn't like the friend...she doesn't like any of it. I found out later into the night that lil sis has gone so far as trying to choke herself bc of what she saw her sister and her friend doing. That concerns me, but i was relieved to hear that lil sis is talking to the school counselor about all of it and the counselor has talked to her parents. I tried to get down to the bottom of this issue...was lil sis upset bc it was another girl? bc it was happening in general? was she embarassed? And like Helen said, the issue isn't about whether big sis is making out with boy or girl....that she shouldn't be doing it at all...in front of lil sis no less. I talked to lil sis about loving big sis regardless of her lifestyle choices. I reminded her that no matter what, she is still her sis and she can still love her and there is nothing for her to feel ashamed or embarrassed about. I then talked to big sis and told her that she shouldn't be doing those things and especially not in front of her sis. And as the girls have a strained relationship already (due to parents favoring lil sis), i also suggested that she take the time to spend some good, quality time with sis. I reminded her that when they move in a few days, they will only have each other for awhile. I think i got through, bc the rest of the night went much better.

The next dilemma comes in whether or not i should mention this to the parents. They know some of it as the counselor has contacted them and lil sis has told them some of it. But, being that big sis's attraction is toward the same sex, those outtings need to be chaperoned like a boy/girl date would be. I just know that this particular set of parents may not take the info well and beings that they are moving in 3 days, across the country, i just wonder if it is even worth it.

Anyway, I have an early appt in the morning...8am and I have to take the kids (WIC). I am not looking forward to it at all, on several levels. One, it's way too early to be up and out of the house, with the kids; we are supposed to get a severe winter storm tonight; and i just hate going down to the WIC office all together. My mom loaned me her car for the night,so i have a safe car..bc our car doesn't handle in the snowy weather too well (bald tires). That eliminates one problem. Jeremy's co-worker who he rides to work with isn't going to work tomorrow, so jeremy would have either had to drive our crappy car in the mess at 6am or stay home. he doesn't have a license and doesn't drive if he can help it. But,we have to pay our bills and he can't not go to work. He had to drive friday, too. However, with bad roads and a car that doesn't handle in it, he runs a higher risk of crashing, spinning out, etc and having to deal with police, who would take him to jail and impound our car. Soooo, we have decided he shall stay home. My mom was like, "yeah, then you can go with her in the morning and help with kids.." ahahhahaha, tonight when we got home, he was like, "do i have to go with you?" Grrrr! I said, well it would be very nice to have some help keeping the kids under wraps. But the very least you can do is get up and help me get them ready.

Sebastian is doing good in the big kid bed! Last night, he fell asleep on the couch, out of exhaustion and i put him in bed. He stayed there til this morning, when he climbed in our bed,with a soaked diaper...poor boy! Then tonight, i told him to go get in bed and it only took a couple times, he went in and laid down and fell asleep. Much more than i can say for his big sister...who is still up, fighting sleep with every ounce of her being!

We had a bday party for the girls today before they leave for AZ. It was the last thing i wanted to deal with after having all those kids overnight...but i of course, went. In our family, we usually just have parties at the house, serve dinner (today was chili and tossed salad) and have cake and ice cream..no frills! They had forgotten the ice cream at their place (party was at my other uncle's bc there is more room,not to mention,they have sold off most of their furniture, including their kitchen table set). So, we didn't get to have ice cream...i told them i was going home then...lol!

yeah, im rambling now, but im trying to kill time, waiting for the princess to meet the sandman! Heck, she probably scares him,too...so he is late coming...lol. Meanwhile,i am ready to drop!

Oh oh oh ....good news...i have no dogs to tend to! My brother came and got them today...they are at my moms. She is keeping Sparky for good and agreed to keep Jager for 2 weeks, no more. Im sure she is going to wish she had only agreed to a week! But, at least i don't have to deal with it. Today,when i got back from the store, the neighbor was out working on his car and stopped me to "inform" me that if the office catches the dog out there chained up, i'll get in trouble....as if i wasn't aware. Hhahahah! I know it's bc they didn't like him being out there, but it just irked me the way he assumed i was stupid. I said, "I am well aware of that, but my brother was in a bind and needed a place for the dogs right away..." Grrr. it may not have irked me as bad,except he has a few dogs himself and they sometimes end up in my yard to do their duty, bark at me on my porch, etc. I also made sure to let him know that I am on the good side with the owners.

Anyway, I am off here to find something else to do for a few mins..she can't be far from sleep now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina-wow! I think that I know who you are talking about when you say the girls! I wondered about that when I seen her last (the oldest I am talking about). I am praying that things get better with the two sisters and that the younger one doesn't try to hurt herself anymore for any reason!

Julie Q said...

It is hard to give advice on the sisters, not knowing their ages. If the younger one is under 16, I would say something. I think. It is hard to tell. It does make me wonder if they are moving to AZ to get the older girl away from her girlfriend.

Yay for Seb being a big boy! My kids always slept better in a bigger bed.

I hope you didn't get too much snow. We hardly got any from that storm. It's just a little crusty out there. I woke up to the sound of someone scraping their car. I was glad Zachary didn't. :)