Friday, February 23, 2007

When I'm an Old Lady

i think Helen has posted this before, but my Aunt Bev just emailed this to me and I thought i would post it here, bc it is sooo hysterical! I think I shall do just this:


When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness...just as they did.
I want to pay back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll write on the wall with reds, whites and blues,
And I'll bounce on the furniture...wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they'll shout!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat,
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry...I'll run...if I'm able!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll sit close to the TV, through the channels I'll click,
I'll cross both eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away ,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping!"
God Bless All Moms and Grandmas Everywhere!


She suggested I post this in their bedroom and read it to them each night. Hehhehee..reminder to me to do what it says..and maybe scare them into proper behavior. LOL.

We got the crib down and the new bed up. I shouldn't say "we" because my uncle put the new bed up himself. Thankfully he did so...bc who knows how long it would wait, otherwise. I still have to do some cleaning. I didn't wanna keep them waiting so i half-assed it so that the bed could go in there and figure i'll go back in there throughout the day and night and finish it up. The kids are staying with markie and allana tonight, so im gonna utilize that time to get it done and the stuff out of here! They will be shocked when they come home! Of cours,e with this new bed in there, there isn't room for toys anyway...not really even room to move!

Also, I want to thank Julie for her suggestion of Habitat for Humanity. I never thought of that before, but i will definitely check into it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I ordered me and kids pizza (stromboli for me) for lunch,bc Makenneh finally went in and picked up a lot of stuff, without me even knowing she was doing it. The bed was already set up and she was in there making all kinds of racket...she comes out awhile later and says, Mark, come here...then Mis, then me...and she showed up that her bedroom was clean! I was so proud of her!

Well, im off to google habitat for humanity and see what i can learn....

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

You are so welcome! I hope you find some good useful information! :) We came so close to qualifying! It does help if you know someone on their board, but it can't hurt to apply. It never hurts to apply. You can't choose where the house goes, but we wouldn't have cared where it went, we would have worked with where ever they put is. So many districts offer school of choice now, it is an easy thing to try.

I remember filling out an application and waiting and hoping for the best. It was all we could do.

I'm sure it will be easier to get some work done in the kid's room when they are out. I hope you were able to take advantage of that time. Sometimes, it's nice to just enjoy the peace and quiet. ;)