Monday, February 19, 2007

So Sad, my poor doggy

Let me start by saying that my brother got his dog back when i was in like 7th or 8th grade. I am not a dog fan at all. Give me a cat anyday over a dog. But, Sparky has grown on me over the years and I love this black and white dog! I often refer to him as MY dog...lol. Well, my brother and Sara had to move with Sara's new job in the adult foster home, displacing Sparky and thier pit bull, Jager. So, I have been going back and letting them out and feeding them for the past couple weeks. Plus, my brother would stop there every morning to take the dogs for a ride. They can't have the dogs at the home, so the dogs were staying at thier trailer until it sells.

Anyway, today Sara finally found a new home for Jager, just in time. Otherwise, he was gonna end up at the pound and ultimately, euthanized, as ppl fear the pit bull breed. Well, she needed a place for Sparky to stay until my parents get home from their snowmobiling trip (then sparky is going back to their place). Sooo, beings that I love this silly old dog, I had to let him stay here. Mind you, i just live one street up in the same park as my brother and sara did. Sooo, I get sparky home, let him out to do his duty and he took off. This isn't overly unusual for him, he loves to wonder and explore. But, i didn't like it, bc i don't want anything happening to him on my watch. I would never forgive myself....brother prob wouldn't either...lol. So, i load the kids back into the car to drive around and look for him. You will not guess (yes you will) where I found him. At the trailer "home",waiting! I got him in the car again and brought him back to my place. The 2nd time i let him out, same damn thing! I just let him out a little bit ago and he did it again. This time, when i got out of the car, he went up on their porch and just sat at their door. IT is so sad! This poor dog is just beside himself. He wants his boy! And to make matters worse, that boy (my brother) is up north with my parents. The dog just mopes about, laying around, not interested in life at all.

The poor old dog has lost his brother (Jager) and has to stay at a new place (mine) all in the same day...and where is his boy at? Where oh where can he be? I feel so bad for Sparky. It makes me all teary eyed every time he runs back "home".

On a plus note, Sara had me go with her to take jagie to his new home and when we got back here, the guy from freecycle was here to pick up the dresser i listed. Well, sara told him that she had another one if he was interested....so we all went back to her place to show him. Well, he asked if they were selling the trailer and for how much. He said he would talk to his brother in law as he is looking for a place. Tomorrow a guy from another park is supposed to come look at the trailer. He is interested in buying it and moving it to his park. So, we will see who has the best offer and comes up with it first. But, it looks like they won't have to worry about paying lot rent until it sells!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sparky! He is such a good dog! Hope that Matt gets back soon so Sparky won't miss him so much!!! When is their baby due by the way?

Julie Q said...

Aw, can you put a leash on him so he can't wander away? You'd be really sad if he were hit by a car. Our dog's leash is hooked to out porch and we keep the end (that hooks to him) in the house. So, when he has to go out, we don't have to walk him or worry he will wander off.

I know our dog would do the same thing if he were staying with someone else close by.

Good luck to them selling! :)