Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

Yesterday was the Going Away Party. It went well. Everyone had a good time. We left there and went to Wishbones, which is a local bar and grill that has Karoake on Saturdays. The cool thing is, at the end of the night, the dj gives you a cd that has all the songs you sang recorded on it.

I did actually sing...i sang, "Good as I was to you" by Lorrie Morgan. I sang it for my Aunt Dawn. That song always makes me think of her and the whole situation.

Carrie sang "Leaving on a Jet Plane" for Mark and of course, that made me cry. It is sad to think about it. Allana was crying yesterday and I went in to talk to her. I told her I was sure she would make new friends and she said, "but i can't make a family" and i just started to cry. She is 11 yrs old and what do you say to something like that? It's hard for me to know what to say, as I have never even had to switch schools, much less move that far away.

We ended up with 5 extra kids here last night. It started with Steph staying to watch kids while we went out, then Desiree needed a place to stay...then Allana wanted to stay, then markie was added in and then, Kenny wanted to stay at his moms but they were going to the bar instead, so he was sad and near tears. He told us that his mom would rather go drink than spend time wiht her son. That just broke my heart, so i invited him to stay too. Heck, what was one more at that point. Our living room was clean.....it was trashed when we got home last night. Thankfully i had disposable cups for them to use. Of course, i hadn't done dishes, so they were all dirty anyway. but now, Markie is doing the dishes (with a $5 incentive) and Allana picked up the living room. So, it works out. Plus Kenny has been taking going back to my brothers nad feeding the dogs and letting them out. A huge plus bc I hate doing it in this cold weather.

OH and guess what?!! We have been bug/nit free for several days now! And so help me God, if i send her to school tomorrow and she comes home wiht a bug, im gonna blow! LOL.

Well, I am off here to do crowd control!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Yay on the no bugs! Have you asked the school about it? Some schools are better than other ones with checking the children. It is sad that they don't check them better. For all their little sakes.

I'm confused. :) Who is going away? If I may ask that is. :)

It is so hard to say goodbye sometimes. Are they moving far away? Did you mention this and I forgot? ;)

Take care. :)