Saturday, February 24, 2007

What to do with myself!

Well, the kids stayed with Markie and Allana last night....and Jeremy went to his brother's this morning...so i am all by myself! It is sooo quiet and peaceful! And boring....I know I need to work on the kids' bedroom but i don't feel like it just yet....We fell asleep last night before 8pm! That is no lie! And then, I woke up at 230am, bright eyed and bushy tailed! Of course, that was 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep! My body didn't know what to think. I got up and killed some time online, but then went back to bed around 4. Big mistake, bc when i woke up at 750,i was drowsy as all get out and went back to sleep til about 9am!

Mom, dad and brother are back from the UP, so hopefully my dog duties end today! Let me rephrase that..t.hey will end today...lol. I have no idea what he plans to do with Jager, but it is not my problem. He has had ample time to post flyers, an ad, whatever. We haven't gotten mail the past 2 days and I know it's because of that damn dog. The mail lady is afraid of him and even though he is chained up and can't reach the mailbox, she uses it as an excuse to not deliver the mail..she used to do it to matt and sara all the time, to the point that I suggested the lodge a complaint with the Postmaster. I can understand a dog running loose,but when they are chained up and not within her reach, it shouldn't be an issue. So, anyway, we belong to Blockbluster ONline, where we get movies in the mail and haven't gotten ours yet, bc no mial the past couple days. IT is irritating to me, that i am paying for something I can't get. So, i want the dog gone today before mail comes around..bc i want my movies, darn it!

Im working on a list of questions to take to the Habitat for Humanity meeting we will be going to. I am quite excited and hope this works out. The only thing that does really concern me is that they pick where it goes. Around here, there are certain neighborhoods/school districts, i do not want to live in, even if the house were FREE! So, i hope that they take those things into consideration when building. And School of Choice is almost not an option in these districts bc they lose so many students each year, they often won't give out the waivers for students to leave...bc face it, who wants to move INTO these districts? Nobody! That's the problem with where we are now. I wouldn't mind just moving to a 3 bdrm trailer here, bc it is very affordable and quiet and nice....BUT it's beecher schools and they don't give out waivers for SOC. So...that will be something important to keep in mind. I don't have to be in a high class neighborhood or the best school district....i just want to be where my kids can safely play outside without worry of drive by shootings or drug deals going on in front of our home.

Well, im off to find other ventures on here....and work on that list! I don't wanna forget anything!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

How exciting! You are going to a Habitat meeting? :) You know, you do pay for the house, but no interest and the payments are probably less than you pay now. Just an fyi. :)

I can understand being somewhat picky about a place/city to live. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Oh and anything that isn't great about your house, be sure and list that. If there is mold, cold, windows don't open in summer, etc.

We get netflix. :) I would be mad if our movies were held up too. We have to get our mail up by the office. So, our doggie doesn't scare the mailman.

LosingSanity said...

Julie, we go to the meeting the 10th. I found a lot of info on their website...the avg payment is around 400/mo, that includes taxes and insurance. What a deal! It is a bit more than we pay here, but well worth it!

and thanks for the info about listing all the things wrong with this place...that's good info to know!

Julie Q said...

Yes, the worse you make your home sound, the better shot you have at getting a house! A real house. :) Good luck! Oh and that is a good deal including taxes and insurance.