Monday, February 19, 2007

Wake me if I'm dreaming

Today went sooo well that I just feel like im in some kind of a dream. I went to the pure romance party...won the game and got a free tube of the Whipped edible massage cream (orange dreamsicle flavor) and i just love that stuff...you can even use it just for lotion...and it smells great!

I came home to a house that was still pretty clean,with a few toys here and there. When I asked makenneh to pick up her toys, she did it! No asking twice, no whining, just did it! I kept praising her and telling her thank you and saying what a good girl she was. She was so lovey and sweet and kind and mannerful (is that even a word..i may be making my own). She was a pure and sweet joy! I read her one of her Clifford books and we just had a great night. I wish every day or even just most days were this good! This is how things should be. Maybe having a clean house is good for everyone. i know i feel so much better without all the mess! And of course,me feeling better is sensed by them i'm sure.

I'm not trying to brag; ok maybe i am...because right now, i feel like the Queen of England! My husband cleaned the house, on his own, without so much as a hint from me to do so...he even worked diligently on the laundry! He helped me with the folding and putting away, he looked after the kids while i went out for a few hours, he fixed them dinner and fed them and they were all good and happy and my kids were excellent and I just feel like i am on cloud 9! Maybe I should have played the Lotto today...it certainly seemed to be my day!

Also, one of the guys who went out with us on Saturday to the bowling alley had said to look him up on myspace. He is my husband's cousin's boyfriend's cousin...did ya follow all that? LOL. Anyway, i found his myspace today and was reading his blog and he has written some very inspiring, thought provoking, uplifting, positive message sending blogs. I couldn't help but feel a sense of peace from reading them. He talked about the important things in life, the real meaning of Valentine's day, overlooking your significant other's shortcomings and appreciating the simple things and showing appreciation for each other and all this stuff. There are really men out there that see this? Seriously though, he touched on "....if you are a woman with a man who "forgot" about valentine's day, don't be hard on him. He was thinking of you and he is better for having you in his life. Most men just don't even like the fact that Vday exists..." something to that affect. That is not a direct quote. but, nontheless, it made me think about how much of the very small things Jeremy does for me, as well as the big things, that i take for granted. Sure, he didn't think to get me a card or flower or anything on vday, but he did spend Vday night with me, Saturday all afternoon and evening..he cleaned my house, he was a model husband. Then, tonight, while at that party, when i talked about Jeremy having cleaned the house and done so mcuh for me, she says, he does that a lot for you..clean the house. You're so lucky! You have a good husband." I couldn't help but swell with pride! Yeah, he does some dumb stuff. But, he also does a lot of wonderful stuff. He still has some rough edges, but he also has some very soft spots! So what, he likes to play video games....he could be out with his friends getting into trouble, or sitting at a bar or something i would really much rather he not be doing.

I know, im going on and on, but i really want to savor this day! I want to bottle it up and save it for all times so that i might pull it out and drink from it on days that aren't so great. So i can remember that all the horrible humdrum happenings of life are really worth it. Days like today make life worth living!

So, to my dear husband and precious children, I Love you more than you will ever know and I am so glad to share this life with you!!!!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I knew my hubby was too busy for Valentines Day, that didn't bother me. He did get me a card and that was fine with me, especially knowing how busy he was.

I'm glad you had such a lovely day. We all need more days like that. Eddie went on a cleaning streak Friday and while I owe him some money for it, I did enjoy having a clean house. :)