Friday, February 02, 2007

Where's the off button?

Really, they must have one, somewhere. I cannot take it. It is only 1130am and I am fit to be tied. I have done my nit-picking in Makenneh's hair, I have picked up (although you can't tell), Sebastian was into everything while i was busy with Makenneh's hair, then he was climbing all over, knocked over a glass of pop, now they are in the bedroom and he has done nothing but cry and whine. I've had enough.

I would like to run the roads, just bc it beats sitting around here, in the messes these kids make, doing housework and listening to kids fight. But, at the same time, i don't have the gumption to get them ready and loaded into the car. And i surely don't feel up to hauling them in and out of the car to go to any stores. Not to mention, Makenneh has been anything but pleasant the last few times i have gone into public with her. So, i think i will wait for Jeremy to get home, then i will go out BY MYSELF and get the stuff done i need to get done.

I need to go clean the kids' room. It smells like the kitten may have shit in there, but i can't find it. of course, given the facts that they have way too many toys and way too small of a space for them, you can imagine the disaster of their bedroom. but, it's something i have to do. ugh. It will be necessary anyway, bc we are getting my cousin's day bed with a trundle bed under it and taking down the crib and toddler bed. I fear removing the crib, bc it works good for putting him to bed...he can cry, throw fits, etc, but he isn't getting out. However, we just don't have the room. I hope we will survive without the crib. LOL. ALso, this bed will take up more space in that, there won't be room for much mess. I will be taking a lot of the bigger toys over to my parents' house. Gee, they must love it... I would love to get rid of about 80% of their toys. Kids don't really need toys do they? I think for their bdays, they are getting things to organize their stuff. I know, not much fun, but these kids surely don't need anymore toys. I had visions last night of taking out the wall that makes up part of the closet (their closet door is so small you can't hardly use it anyway, and then putting the dresser in there and maybe a toy box. what doesn't fit in toy box can find new homes....like at grandparents' houses and freecycle. LOL. Then, they will be taught to put their toys where they belong and keep them picked up. I know, i know, a big pipe dream, but what else is there? I know i would feel much better mentally, if this place would just stay clean. When it is in a constant stay of disarray, i feel in that same state. I recall an episode of nanny 911 or some show like that, where hte kids had way too many toys. The nanny had 3 trash cans (all new). One for Keepers, one for Donation and one for trash. The kids could only fill that Keeper trash can...could keep no more. I think i shall do something to that affect around here. Dump it all out..what doesn't fit in the toy box, will go. Now, where do i purchase the energy to tackle this task with?

On another note, Chris called today and she said 99.9% likely that she will be going home tomorrow. yay! Of course, she said that she wants her son(my hubby) to take her trash out. LOL. Oh and start her jeep, bc it doesn't ever wanna start. I had planned on going over there and cleaning...so i guess i need to do that today. But, i feel like a pile of shit that someone has stepped in. And i surely won't get anything accomplished if i have to take my monsters with me. So, hmmmm. Not to mention, it goes back to getting them rounded up and loaded into car. Why can't jeremy deal with all of it? It's his mom....lol. Yeah, i can just see him over there to clean, remove ashtrays, etc. mmhmmm. Not gonna happen. I won't hold my breath.

Well, im wasting time on here. sure, it feels good to get this stuff out, but im not getting anything done. So, toodles for now

2 comments:

The other me said...

I am feeling the same way about toys here, H won't go for the dumping though, they have so many animals and dinos, but they are all the really expensive collectors heavy ones, none of the plastic chuck em out sort, H loves them, I think even when Eli is 34 H will still have those darned animals and dinos!!

Julie Q said...

Ah the toys! My younger daughter (she's turning 17 shortly) still has some of her dolls and the furniture to go with them! Oh well. :)

The best time to go through the toys is when Makenneh is at school. She probably won't miss what you get rid of and she won't be around to complain. ;) I tossed three big garbage bags of stuff from my boys closet. They were both at school at the time. He he, one is 6 and one is nearly 15. Just so much stuff that we didn't need.

Good to hear your mil can go home tomorrow. :)