Thursday, May 25, 2006

Detective

Well, I will have to go back about 2 weeks or so, so this is all makes sense. First off, I live in a mobile home park, for those who don't know. We just had new neighbors move in next door, a few months ago. He had been injured in a fall and has to use a walker and has pins in his legs, etc. So, there is alot of traffic in and out of his place...with family/friends stopping in. Anyway, i don't pay a whole heck of a lot of attention to what my neighbors are doing, bc i just have better things to do than jump up every time i hear a car, a voice, etc. So, the main story. ..Tiffney had come over and we were leaving. She loaded her 2 in the van and Makenneh and i was carrying Sebastian out. I got just in front of the van (heading ot drivers side back door to put Sebastian in carseat). A truck had pulled up and a man jumped up, headed up to my door. When he appeared like he was just gonna more or less waltz into my trailer, I stopped, said , "umm excuse me?" and he turns adn says, "is will around?" I told him he had the wrong the trailer...he looks up, next door and says..."oh!.." muttered something and was down my porch and around to the neighbors porch in a flash. I figured maybe it was his first time to their place and had the lot numbers wrong or something. So, i go to the drivers side back door and load Sebastian into the carseat, come back around to the passenger side and get in. Before I had my seat belt clicked and Tiffney could back out...he was leaving. That fast! I was like, wow, he didn't stay long, but figured that maybe the neighbor wasn't home. No big deal, right? WRONG!

SO, im gone with Tiffney, get home that afternoon and am getting dinner ready. A knock at the door. It's the neighbors adult son. He was asking hubby if he had seen any cars or anything next door, bc his dad was back in his bedroom and heard a knock but didn't get up to answer bc he wasn't feeling good/didn't want company. When he finally got up and around, he noticed that some money was missing. I spoke up and told the son that story. Well a few hours later, a police officer comes knocking at my door. I had to relay the story to him. I figured that was it. Wrong again! Days later, a detective knocks on my door! He is an older gentleman, been on the force 30 yrs and i have to say, he is a complete sweetheart! He asks me some questions regarding my statement...clarifications, then asks if i would be able to look at some pictures and identify the man. I told him i might be able to. HE then tells me that he doesn't want to scare me but if i see this man around or his vehicle, to call the police immediately. He also said he didn't like the fact that he had come to my trailer when he had been to the neighbors before...he is an aquaintance. He told me that when i leave, i should secure my place. He didn't think it was an "accident" that he showed up on my door step. GREAT!

So, then, he calls this morning and asks if im gonna be home and if he can bring by the pictures...i told him yes. HE just left a lil bit ago. out of the "6-pack" as they call it, there was one guy who MIGHT be it! I told him maybe on the one guy, NO for sure on the rest. I told him at very least, teh one guy has a close resemblence to the man in question. HE then asked if i would be able to identify him in a lineup. OMG...this is crazy! I told him i might be able. So, he said he would let "them" know...and he left. I don't think this is going away! I think this is gonna be a drawn out thing.

I guess, i need to learn to be even better attention to detail. I am usually good about certain details, but not descriptions of ppl/vehicles. For instance, if we are in a crowded room of ppl, all carrying on conversations, I can pick up something being said in a different group nad retain it...say, a girl says she doesn't like the chicken being served, that it is slimy. THen, the ppl I am with will wonder how i knew to avoid the chicken bc it was slimy. LOL. I guess, im more atuned to minor details rather than larger details. I can tell you about conversations had, things done, actions, etc, but not about the people doing them, unless I know them. Id on't know if i am making sense here. LOL.

Anyway, I am off here now. Tiffney is coming to pick me up and we are going to her moms to get the stuff ready for a yard sale this weekend.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

How scary! No wonder you want to move. Sorry to hear you don't feel safe. That is just not good. :(