Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Morning Number 1

Well, this is my first morning without a cigarette. I am struggling with it more now than I thought I would. Normally, I would get up, tend to kids and such and it would be a bit before I actually was able to have a cigarette anyway. But now, I guess bc Im trying to quit...the urge is stronger than I think it's ever been. But I have to fight it, bc I purposely have no money or car to go get a pack. Well the car part wasn't on purpose, bc jeremy needs that for work. But, the point is, I have no way to get cigarettes if i wanted. Although, part of me wants so bad to call my brother to have him run up and get me a pack. Of course, the kids are doing an excellent job of keeping me busy. I can't count the number of times I have had to get up from typing this. I will probably have to avoid the computer for much of the day, until these urges get a bit easier to handle. I did most of the smoking here and I just keep feeling the urge to reach over and light a smoke. Maybe I will read a book or clean the house or something. Sleep would be optimal. NO cravings in my sleep. *wink*

As a reminder to myself, I will list all the benefits/reasons to stop smoking:
*my health
*kids' health
*cost-we could do SOMETHING with this money we smoke up
*i can talk to my kids about not smoking without feeling like a huge hypocrite.
*it tastes nasty
*it stinks
*it yellows everything.
*I can get rid of the nasty "smokers" cough
*I will no longer be offensive to the nonsmokers of the world
*my taste buds will actually taste again (this could be a bad thing on the diet front)
*increase the likelihood that I will be around to see my grandkids, great grandkids
*avoid toting an oxygen machine around (im not really into accessorizing anyway)
*no nasty ashtrays sitting around
*Jeremy's quitting could be helpful for our sex life, as smoking men tend to experience Erectile Dysfunction sooner than non smokers.

Anyway, the positives are huge! And my urge is gone. Woohooooo!

Well, im sure Ive bored everyone to tears now. And I shall be on my way. Wish me luck!

And good luck to Aunt Bev on the job. (not sure what the situation is, are you trying to get a new job?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have my complete and entire support in the attempt to break your habit!! I'd like to make 2 suggestions. 1. When you feel the need to smoke and want to really badly, have a copy of your reasons to quit nearby, read them out loud. #2. For one week, every time you would buy a pack of smokes, write that cost down on the list. At the end of the week, total and X it by 4 = how much money you have saved. It would work really well if you had actual cash but that slips away too easily when you only have enough. The numbers alone will maybe provide great encouragement.

Again, good luck, I believe you can do it!!!

Love you,