Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ok, now for some serious business

I have posted before (though it was probably on a different blog) about my cousin Desiree and the situation of her home life. I use the term home loosely as she really doesn't have much of a home, when you stop and think about it. For those who don't know, a quick background: My aunt passed away in Nov. 04 from a sudden, massive heart attack. Des had just turned 9 a few days prior! Well, in Dec, my uncle moved his gf and her kids in, in May, the married, in June the garage and part of the house burned leaving them to live in a hotel for quite some time, then, the house was finally finished and they moved back in there. Well, all along, there have been issues. My uncle, Des's dad, has basically tossed her aside. His life seems to be all about Michelle and her kids. Desiree is constantly stayed everywhere else, while the rest of them go places, do things, etc. HE uses lame excuses for needing sitters, ever weekend, like him and Michelle are fighting (hello, what do the rest of us do if we have a spat with the hubby? we suck it up and deal with it..not send our kid away for the weekend). Anyway, recently, he and Michelle got into another fight and this time she moved out. Well, Harold is working nights (although always has bragged about being able to set his own hours, which i know is true, as jeremy used to work the same place and was able to set his hours as well). Well, now with Michelle moved out, nobody is there to be with Des at night and get her off to school. So, last week she stayed wtih my aunt michelle and he just had to come pick her up early in the morning to take her to school. Well, last night, he calls and wants to know if i will keep des. I was thinking...doesn't she have school? But, just said yeah! So, he tells me that they lost power and wont be back on til later the next morning. OK, no big deal. HE said he would come pick her up to take her to school. So, she gets here and wasn't even here a half hour when she tells me that she doesn't think she is wanted at home. WTF!!!!! I saw red! I sad, why is that? She said that they never want her there and they always have her stay places then they all go do fun stuff or go fun places and she can never go. She told me that harold, michelle and the kids all were staying at the nursing home where michelle works last night, but that des couldn't go and that's why she had to stay at my place. can you believe this shit??!!!! So, im already fuming! Then, i asked...i thought michelle moved out...yes she did. But, they still do stuff together? she said yes. And continued to say that Michelle said the reason she moved out was because of Desiree! That was the straw that broke this camel's back, lemme tell ya! I said, "Bullshit!!!! She knew your dad had you when she got with him...whatever reason she had for leaving is not your fault and don't you ever let anyone tell you otherwise! She is an adult and this is her problem, not yours! You are not to blame!" I was sooo livid, you have no idea! How dare they say that to this child!!!! ANd how dare him continue to go to that nursing home with central air and comfort when his daughter isn't welcome!!!! How absolutely disgusting!!!!

Every child needs an advocate and my aunt is not here to advocate for her! Someone has to step up. She has no place to call home..she is shuffled around from family member to family member with no stability in her life. Then, bc we get pissed at Harold for using us and lying, and just being an asshole, we react in ways that really only hurt Des...by saying no to watching her.

Now, Des is adopted and has gparents in KY that she has met before. They absolutely love this child and she loves them. Since my aunt died, Harold does not keep in touch with them at all. I am thinking that maybe it would be nice for her to spend time with them and maybe even stay a couple weeks in the summer with them. She needs extended family, she needs love, she needs a break from here!!!!

Well, as I was typing this...my mom called! That bastard was at her house, wanting to know if she can keep Desiree...My mom told him that she could find someone to stay there to watch her at night and get her on the bus, etc...he doesnt want that..."it would be better for someone to take her...i will be working a lot in July and I just don't have the time for her....it would just be best for someone to have her!" THAT FUCKING NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH! I cannot think of enough bad language to swing his way! I am usually able to reason things....but I am having a hard time wondering what God was thinking when he took my aunt! This poor child has suffered dearlly since then. What is his plan in all this? Why did he do this?!!

I just told my mom that I am done! I am taking her! She can finish her school year in where she is and next year, I will enroll her out here! Every child deserves a loving home, someone to care for them, a stable environment! I hope that creep is never able to reproduce again and I hope like hell that the rest of his days are miserable. And God please forgive me for feeling this way, but I have a hard time understanding how a "man" can walk away from his child, knowing he is all she has, and all for the sake of a piece of skanky ass!

I have to go now...my blood is boiling and I have to formulate a plan...bc some major changes are coming around!

This is for you, Aunt Dawn...i will not let that little girl down! I will be her advocate if it kills me, alienates me, whatever! I will stand up for her, I will speak up for her! I will protect her, love her, make her a home where she can grow and become a wonderful person! I will give her stability, security!

Damn that slithering creature to Helen's kind of hell (I really like your idea of how hell should be)!

7 comments:

Julie Q said...

How heartbreaking!

So very sad to hear about poor little Des. :( How cruel some people can be.

I'm glad you can be there for her. I know you have mentioned how small your house is, but I'm sure she'd be happy to even sleep on a couch.

Anonymous said...

Christina,
I can't believe that he is pulling this crap still. You haven't mentioned anything so I thought that things got better. I think that it is awesome that you are going to take her in. I know how much you loved your Aunt Dawn and I think that she would be very proud of you for doing this. Can you even get him to pay child support to you? Well, I will try to call you soon!

LosingSanity said...

Things had gotten better there for a little bit...

My aunt Michelle is going to talk it over with her husband as well...they were going to take her in the first time he was being stupid...so one of us will get her.

Anonymous said...

Christina, My heart goes out to Des. I know that someone in your family will step up.

As far as Harold is concerned, i truly believe that what goes around, comes around. He has an AWFUL lot coming around!! Maybe you can quietly smile when it does.(try really, really hard not to gloat!)

JEFFY said...

You are an Angel! You are a Saint! You are a Goddess! God bless you! I am not a father like that! I dont understand some men and I am not like them. Its like such a miracle that you are there for this little girl. Good luck. you are in my every prayers! Love you! Peace! Joy! Contentment! Kiss, King

The other me said...

Poor little girl! i hope you can have her and get her back in touch with her gparents too, sound slike she needs all the ove in the world. The creep? He'll get what is coming to him, lets hope its soon!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»