Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, Stacy

Today, May 13 (as it is past midnight and besides, she and her family are stationed in Germany, where it is already morning) is my friend, Stacy's birthday.

I met Stacy in 5th grade, when we had the same teacher. We have been friends ever since. We have shared some good times and some sad times. We wispered about crushes (What were we thinking sometimes????) we cried about losing loved ones.

I always tell everyone that Stacy is an example of a true Christian. If all Christians would be more like her, there wouldn't be so many ill thoughts of Christianity. She loves all, she accepts all, she judges no one. She walks in faith. She will do anything for anyone and she gives all that she has. She finds strength through God to get her through all the hard times she had to face, and this woman has faced more trials and tribulations than anyone i know. She has had a very hard life in many ways. But, she has risen above it. She is strong, compassionate and just all around wonderful. She thinks of everyone.

I think back to recent times, when I was going through so much, btwn losing my aunt, post partum depression, etc. and she would listen to me vent about my problems, keeping hers in, bc she "didn't want to add to my stress." I was so mad at her when she said, well i didn't want to bother you with it. Here she was, listening to my troubles and holding hers in. I just can't say enough good things about her.

And even though our adult years have seperated us, with kids, marriages and life in general, not to mention, her hubby being in the army and them being moved all over, we always stay in contact.

So, this year, for her birthday, I wish her all the best that life has to offer. I wish her love, peace and happiness.

And, I wish her a healthy pregnancy, as she is pregnant with twin girls, due October 13. The twins will make 5 kids for her and her hubby. So, with that, I wish her sanity!

No comments: